It all worked fine, but one site. It detects devices (user Agent) on the RSS feed, and reformats the links accordingly. This means that I get the links of the mobile site, instead of the links of the main site. This is a strage implementation and unneccessary, in my point of view, still this was the case, and I had to deal with it.
XPath parser recives the XML document through an InputSource, which doesn't give me any control over the passed parameters to the site:
XPathFactory xPathFact = XPathFactory.newInstance(); XPath xPath = xPathFact.newXPath(); InputSource XPInputSrc = new InputSource(rss_url); NodeList links_nodes = (NodeList) xPath.evaluate("//item/link", XPInputSrc, XPathConstants.NODESET);
Again, this worked greate with all sites but one.
What I needed was actually to pass a user-agent argument with the http request, but I couldn't find a direct way to pass that through the InputSource.
At one point, I thought I might use something like Jsoup to get the XML document, then pass that to the InputSource via a StringReader!
Good thing I dismissed this idea, and found that if I set a system property of "http.agent", it gets passed in all http reqests! So, I did this:
This did the trick!