Monday, April 16, 2012

Never Liked TouchWiz

Having had several Android phones over the past two years, I got to develop a taste when it comes to the vendor's default launcher. Between phones from acer, Samsung, Motorola, HTC and SonyEricsson, I would say that the most annoying and less comfortable default launcher is Samsung's TouchWiz.

TouchWiz, developed to imitate the interface on older Samsung touch-screen mobiles' interface, is, in my opinion, the worst thing on good phones such as the Galaxy S2. I'm not really talking about performance. I'm talking about how things look and feel. The TouchWiz feels rigid, out-fashioned and doesn't give you the Android feel that you might get from the Sense interface, though originally designed for Windows phones, or get from the XPERIA interface, for example.

From my point of view, TouchWiz, being designed for feature phones, cannot be used for smart phones. It is a different animal, all together.

That said, I must admit that the TouchWiz on my Galaxy 551 was the main motivation for me to root and install a custom ROM on the phone, only 10 days after purchase -- and it was my first rooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment